To access the downloads below please click on the highlighted phrases or on the images.
Paying your balance
You can pay your balance via cheque, bank transfer, or securely online via PayPal (please note there is a 3% PayPal charge).
For more information on the different options, please click on the Payment Details link above.
If you need a PayPal invoice or have any questions at all, please contact the London office.
Getting ready to go
Please read this carefully, it will guide you through the preparation you will need to do before joining us in Belize.
We have prepared a Dive Kit List - essential reading if you've never dived before and you're feeling a bit bewildered about what kit to buy. You will need to bring the items marked 'essential'. We have items marked 'recommended' on site for you but some volunteers may like to invest in these items.
Once you place down a deposit you will be sent an email with some links to forms to upload information that we need from you. These links are specific to you, so please don't lose them and don't let any other volunteers use them. If you have any problems filling these in, please contact our London office.
You will need to take copies of various things to site with you. These are:
- Your travel insurance certificate (if you decide not to buy the Blue Ventures travel insurance)
- Your DAN membership card or copy of confirmation email
- Your diver certification cards (where applicable)
- A copy of your passport
- A copy of your medical forms
Other Useful Links
- Divers Alert Network (DAN)
We only require a minimum of the lowest membership (it has different names depending on where you live). More information is provided on the insurance online form you will be sent a link to when you have confirmed your place.
- DAN Europe: www.daneurope.org
- DAN US/other: www.dan.org
- DAN South Africa: www.dansa.org
Safety is extremely important when travelling on a Blue Ventures expedition. It is therefore within our booking conditions that you have adequate insurance in place before you travel with us.
We have partnered with Endsleigh to offer you policies which have been specifically designed to meet your requirements whilst you are on your trip with us. More information about this and how to purchase it on the link you would have been sent after you paid your deposit. The cost is £9 per week. If you would like more information about purchasing this, please contact the London office.UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO)
Blue Ventures support the UK governments 'Know before you go' campaign. This link gives up to date health and safety tips to travellers.
- Species Identification guides
- It is very important you have a copy of Paul Humann's "Reef Fish Identification" (preferable) or Ewald Lieske's "Coral Reef Fishes" - either will help you immensely in mastering your species identification. We also recommend Paul Humann's "Reef Creature Identification".
The handbook provides an important overview to the training you will be given on your expedition. We recommend reading this prior to your expedition as it will prepare you for your training on site and enable you to start work on our underwater survey programmes as soon as possible.
We have an online practice test for fish & benthic species in Belize. You can take the test at http://fishtest.wiomweb.org.
A digital species library for the fish families and species of the Western Indian Ocean can be found here: www.wiomweb.org. Again, this has been constructed from the valuable work done by volunteers at our Madagascar site.
- Marine Training guides (to be added)
- Fish Identification guide
- Benthic Identification guide
- Invertebrate Identification guide
- Fish Species List
- Coral species list
In case of an emergency only, you can contact our field site in Belize by ringing:
- +44 (0)7909 525 410