- Terms & conditions
Terms & conditions
Access to, and use of, the Blue Ventures website at www.blueventures.org ("the Website") is provided by Blue Ventures and is subject to the following Terms and Conditions of Use:
- The Website is operated by Blue Ventures (Expeditions) Limited (company registration number SC233112) whose registered office is at Caledonian Exchange, 19A Canning Street, Edinburgh EH3 8HE and the Blue Ventures group of companies being (for the time being) Blue Ventures Conservation Limited (registered company number 4660959 (registered charity number 1098893) whose registered office is at 3 Somerset Road, Barnet, Hertfordshire EN5 1RP, and whose contact address is Omnibus Business Centure, 39 - 41 North Road, London, N7 9DP) and Blue Ventures Carbon Offset Limited (registered company number 6386483, whose registered office is at Omnibus Business Centre, 39 - 41 North Road, London, N7 9DP) (together "Blue Ventures").
- Use of this Website constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Use, which take effect immediately on your first use of the Website. Blue Ventures reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time by posting changes on the Website and you accept that you are bound by the Terms and Conditions of Use in force at that time and displayed on this page. If these Terms and Conditions of Use are not accepted in full, you do not have permission to access the contents of this Website and therefore should cease using this Website immediately.
- All rights in the Website (including copyright, the content and design of the Website) is owned by Blue Ventures or used under licence from third parties. Material from the Website may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast, transmitted or re-transmitted in any way, distributed, sold or displayed, in any medium, except for your own personal non-commercial use, without the express written permission of Blue Ventures or in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. Any other use requires the prior written permission of Blue Ventures. You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the material contained on this Website or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use. You can download and use the service on a single CPU at a time and you can print out a single hard copy of any part of the content on the Blue Ventures website for your personal use.
- You agree to use this Website only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this Website by any third party or other users. This includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene, offensive, defamatory, pornographic, racist, threatening or political content or do anything to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue within this Website.
- This Website and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Blue Ventures, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Blue Ventures shall not be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website. This does not affect you statutory rights under English law.
- Any destination/travel guide or information provided on the Website is written purely for information purposes. Although Blue Ventures endeavours to ensure that such information is accurate, Blue Ventures provides no guarantee that such information is accurate and is provided solely as additional background content. Blue Ventures shall not be held liable in any way whatsoever for any inaccuracy, misunderstanding or expectation drawn from this content. Blue Ventures shall also not be liable if any of the expeditions detailed on the Website are not available and details of expeditions, including departure dates, prices, etc, will be as confirmed by Blue Ventures at the time of booking your arrangements. Blue Ventures aims to update the Website regularly and may change content at any time and without notice. Blue Ventures shall not be liable if the Website is not available at any time or for any period.
- Blue Ventures does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the materials. You must not misuse the Website by introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- The names, images and logos identifying Blue Ventures or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of Blue Ventures and/or third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license or right under any trade mark or other intellectual property right of Blue Ventures, or any other third party.
- Warrant that such contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to Blue Ventures for all the purposes specified above;
- Indemnify Blue Ventures against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Blue Ventures as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
- Agree to waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Blue Ventures site and the other purposes specified above.
- If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions of Use and/or specific terms appearing elsewhere on this Website relating to specific material, then the latter shall prevail.
- Blue Ventures is not responsible for the content of the external sites linked to from this Website. Any links provided on the Website to other websites are not intended to provide an endorsement by Blue Ventures (unless otherwise specified) and Blue Ventures will have no liability or responsibility for the content of this or those websites whatsoever. You must not establish a link to this Website from any other website without Blue Venture's explicit prior written consent.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website and for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions of Use and that they comply with them. If you, or anyone accessing the Website through your Internet connectivity, breach these Terms and Conditions of Use, Blue Ventures shall be entitled to suspend or permanently terminate your access to the Website.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions of Use should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions of Use are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions of Use and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- It is not the intention of the parties to confer any rights on any third parties by virtue of these Terms and Conditions of Use and accordingly the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Collection and use of data
- Blue Ventures can obtain personal data from you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, email and your credit/debit card details in order to make payment and confirm the booking) from a number of different sources:
- When you search for or request details on services or expeditions from the Website, or if you supply us with your details when discussing matters over the telephone to us, or if you submit a request for details to be provided to you by mail or email.
- When you complete and submit an application to Blue Ventures to take part in expeditions, together with any applicable methods of payment.
- Via your individual IP location. This is a function of the Website that enables Blue Ventures to return details of holidays or tours that you have requested, and in order for Blue Ventures to diagnose problems with its server and to administer the Website.
- Blue Ventures needs your name, address and/or email address so that it can send out information to you and advise you of special offers and promotions it thinks may be of interest to you. Blue Ventures also requires this information about you in order to complete your application for expeditions and deal with any bookings on your behalf and in relation to the different services operated by the companies within the Blue Ventures group.
- In order to complete your booking, Blue Ventures will also need to collect information about you, and others included in your group, to pass to third parties (eg, relevant accommodation providers, excursion operators, etc.) for the purposes of booking your expedition. This may involve the transfer of information outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") and by providing Blue Ventures with this information you provide your consent (and the consent of those included in your group) to transfer such information out of the EEA. The information collected may include, but is not exclusively limited to, details such as your name, your address (in order to send the relevant documentation relating to your expedition to you), your email address and telephone number (if Blue Ventures needs to contact you about your arrangements urgently).
- You have the right to ask Blue Ventures not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You also have the right to access information held about you by Blue Ventures. Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time, and any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Blue Ventures's costs in providing you with details on the personal data we hold about you.
- Blue Ventures may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our website.
- Blue Ventures operates in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and any amendments thereto.
You may at any time unsubscribe to receiving information from Blue Ventures by sending an email to
If you change your contact details, please send an email with your new details to
If you have any questions or concerns about the information Blue Ventures holds about you, you may email Blue Ventures. Alternatively, you may write to Blue Ventures at: Blue Ventures (Expeditions) Limited, Omnibus Business Centre, 39 - 41 North Road, London, N7 9DP.