Belize expedition dates
We have spaces for our Belize expeditions starting and finishing on the following dates:
|Expedition start date||Expedition end date||Status|
|13-Sep-14||21-Sep-14||NEW 9 day lionfish project - current expedition|
|26-Sep-14||6-Nov-14||6 week marine conservation expedition - last few spaces|
|2-Nov-14||7-Nov-14||Private group trip - full|
|10-Nov-14||21-Dec-14||6 week marine conservation expedition - spaces|
|5-Jan-15||15-Feb-15||6 week marine conservation expedition - spaces|
|24-Feb-15||6-Apr-15||6 week marine conservation expedition - spaces|
|10-Apr-15||21-May-15||6 week marine conservation expedition - spaces|
|25-May-15||7-Jun-15||Private group trip - full|
|13-Jun-15||19-June-15 and 29-Jun-15||7 and 17 day Lionfish project - spaces|
|22-Jun-15||3-July-15||Private group trip - full|
|6-Jul-15||19-Jul-15||Private group trip - full|
|3-Aug-15||12-Sep-15||6 week marine conservation expedition - spaces|
|16-Sep-15||27-Oct-15||6 week marine conservation expedition- spaces|
|31-Oct-15||6-Nov-15||7 day Lionfish project - spaces|
|10-Nov-15||21-Dec-15||6 week marine conservation expedition- spaces|
Expedition prices vary according to your current diving qualification and length of stay. Half of our volunteers have never dived before and our PADI dive courses represent excellent value for money.
|Expedition length||You are a PADI Advanced Open water (or equivalent) diver||You are a PADI Open Water (or equivalent) diver||You have no diving certification||Non-diving under 17|
(accompanied by an adult)
|7 day lionfish project||£600||NA||NA||£500|
|9 day lionfish project||£850||NA||NA||£600|
|17 day Lionfish project||£1,400||NA||NA||£1,150|
|12+ weeks||£300 per additional week||£300 per additional week||£300 per additional week||£200 per additional week
||£4,200* (18 weeks)
* Discounts are given for trained medical personnel fulfilling the role of expedition medic. Find out more here but please note that additional costs apply for dive courses (PADI Open Water - £100 and PADI Advanced Open Water - £75).
Our expedition costs include:
- Transfers between the village of Sarteneja and the Bacalar Chico Marine Reserve
- Accommodation for the duration of your stay in beach-front eco-cabins with a maximum of four volunteers per cabin
- Three meals per day including tea and coffee at breakfast and lunch - all meals are prepared by local chefs using fresh local ingredients
- Science training with our team of field scientists and researchers
- Scuba diving training and certification to PADI Advanced Open Water level (depending on your existing qualifications)
- Use of our scuba diving equipment including buoyancy control devices (BCDs), regulators, weights and cylinders
- Comprehensive logistical support and pastoral care from our large team of permanent field staff
- Health and safety briefings from our expedition medics and dive managers
Our expedition costs do NOT include:
- International flights to Belize City or Cancun in Mexico
- Domestic travel to the expedition starting point in Sarteneja; there a regular public buses from Belize City
- Entry visa for Belize
- Malaria prophylaxis and vaccinations
- Travel and dive insurance
- Personal diving equipment: wetsuit, mask, snorkel, fins, watch or dive computer, dive torch and underwater slate
- Personal field equipment: sleeping bag, torch, mosquito net
- Scuba diving training manuals
- Additional dive training; costs are detailed below
- Spending money for drinks, snacks and souvenirs
- Hotel accommodation before or after your expedition dates
- More information about all these costs can be found in our volunteer guide
Volunteers wishing to undertake additional dive courses should inform us prior to the start of their expedition. It may also be possible to decide to take a dive course while on your expedition, subject to a supplement of 15% for the course manual and materials.If you book a course in advance and decide during your expedition that you don't wish to take the course, the course fees will be refunded but not the cost of the course manual. Please note that it is a requirement for every student to have their own copy of the relevant course manual.
PADI Scuba Tune-Up - £25
This course is designed for divers to tune-up their diving skills and safety knowledge before diving again. This is compulsory for all qualified divers who have not dived within six months of their expedition start date. You may chose to participate in a scuba tune-up before you arrive in Belize and we can help you to choose a suitable dive centre or instructors.
PADI Emergency First Response - £95
It is a requirement for all PADI courses that you have your own copy of the relevant course manual. Contact us to buy this manual for £14 including delivery costs (alternatively you can purchase it from a local supplier).
PADI Rescue Diver - £245
It is a requirement for all PADI courses that you have your own copy of the relevant course manual. Contact us to buy this manual for £24 including delivery costs (alternatively you can purchase it from a local supplier).
PADI Divemaster - £395
It is a requirement for all PADI courses that you have your own copy of the relevant course manual.